Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Tuesday 6 October 2015

R+P Post 3: Music Genres That Interest Me




Hip-Hop
Hip-Hop artists I like (Rows left to right: 50 Cent, MC Solaar, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar,
Lauryn Hill, Eve, Jay-Z, Eminem, Snoop Dog)
Jay-Z and Rihanna at Wireless 2013

B2K ft R,Kelly - Girlfriend (Pied Piper Remix)

I have enjoyed listening to Hip-Hop from a very young age, particularly due to the abundance of Hip-Hop CDs in my house. Throughout secondary school, it was one of few genres I listened to but as I have grown older, I listen to other genres as well as this.I like how a lot of the artists above rap about their lives, many have interesting stories to tell. I also like the beats within lots of Hip-Hop tracks, for example in the one above. The genre is great to dance to.


Indie Genres
Indie artists I like (Rows left to right: London Grammar, Bastille, Foals,
First Aid Kit, Alt J, Lana Del Rey)
Providence performed live by Foals, 2013

 For me, this is ultimate relaxation and reflection music. I started listening to this properly in 2015 and I have discovered many artists and songs I like. I like many Indie genres from indie pop to indie rock to indie folk. I also love the use of instruments in some indie songs, for example 'Providence' by Foals above, which I have covered on the drums.

House&Electronica
House/Electronica artists I like: Indie artists I like (Clockwise:Years and Years, Duke Dumont,
Clean Bandit, Disclosure, Shift K3Y, Jess Glynne)
Eye I eye by Claude VonStroke
I first started to properly listen to this at the start of sixth form, so in late 2014. I realised that I enjoyed certain dances to the songs and I loved how it added to the exciting atmosphere of parties. I love the energy and upbeat nature of the songs, all I want to do is cut shapes when I here them. I probably overplayed the above song a bit too much.


R&B
R&B artists I like (Rows left to right: Alicia Keys, R.Kelly, Justin Timberlake,
Rihanna, Ne-yo, Beyoncé, Usher, TLC, The Weeknd)

Pictures from a Beyoncé concert, 2013

R&B is another old favourite of mine. I like how peaceful these songs are; they are perfect for long journeys. I like the deep, romantic lyrics and also the voices of many of the artists that I have mentioned. Beyonce is definitely my favourite artist, and I have loved her music for as long as I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment