Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Tuesday 6 October 2015

R&P Post 4: Audience Groups of Interest



Due to the teenagers' reaction in this video, one could say that 90s music is something that some teenagers listen to but not on a regular basis. They seem to have heard songs across a wide range of genres. Some really liked the rock songs, whereas others preferred Hip-Hop. Others appreciated a variety of genres. Surely then, the overall conclusion from this is that teenagers are extremely varied in their music taste and listen to older music as well as modern. 

I interviewed a few of my friends about what music they listened to and why:

Amber, 17
"I like (rock bands such as Nothing But Thieves, Foals, Cage The Elephant, Royal Blood, Dahlia, Neck Deep. At gigs the bands I see always have passionate fans - there's a high octane, amazing atmosphere. I've always liked guitar and so I learned to play it. I guess listening to guitar based music from an early age got me into these genres."

Amy, 17
"I like Indie/rock because it's upbeat and there good instruments especially in rock music. It also helps you to take your your anger in a way by listening to angry songs. But indie music can also be calming and relaxing."

Beverly, 17
"I'm into different kinds of music, I could listen to a lot of RnB, grime, or drum and bass. MCR, Beyoncé, Drake - it varies. I was exposed to different kinds of music when I was growing up, so when I was in primary school most of my friends were into Beyoncé and Rihanna and I liked it so I spent more time listening to that. Then when I got a computer I spent more time on YouTube and exploring different music types I wasn't very aware of e.g rock and screamo, so I gained more of an insight to lyrical structure and it was a change from a song about love. Therefore, it was something new and I liked it. Grime and rap was more recent, at first I was more into it because of my friends and also the popularity of it being played at parties. I never really liked it at first but then for the sake of knowing the songs I would listen to it at home and eventually it grew on me!"


This suggests that female teenagers of 16+ have perhaps one or two music genres that they really like, for various reasons but they also listen  to other genres.

For our music video
If we choose to do an indie genre, I think we should target older teenagers and young adults. I would say from 16 and over because I believe that this is the age when people are likely to start moving away from mainstream music and discovering themselves and what they love. They are more likely to explore alternative genres. This was the case with me. I think we should also target 21-30 year olds because these ages tend to dominate audience music festivals.  Glastonbury's average age is even older - 36 years old. At these type of festivals, indie music is highly popular and the artists are often on main stages. Therefore, if we decide to have an indie artist, this group is important. We will target both genders but would expect our music to appeal more to girls if our artist is female and more to boys if our artist is male.

No comments:

Post a Comment