Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Friday 13 March 2015

Construction Post 9: My Technical Learning Curve (Production and Post-Production)

Me with the clapperboard
I feel as though I have gained a lot from this experience, as I have both developed skills and learnt new ones. I learnt more about teamwork on set; how to set up shots together as a group and solve any issues together too. I think my strengths during the production were filming and directing, which I really enjoyed, and trying out new, spontaneous ideas. Even if the new ideas did not work, it was still fun to experiment with them. Collectively as a team, we could have been stricter with our takes, as we spent perhaps too much time on the make up shots during each shoot.
Me filming our first shot
All of us at the edit suite. I am creating titles
In terms of editing, I gained a lot of confidence and experience. During the first week, I mainly did research such as looking for music and developing ideas for titles, which allowed me to use my creative skills, as I had to think about what would suit our film best. During the second week I feel like I picked up things very quickly which was essential as we had a lot to do. I instantly understood the basics of Livetype and grading and so this allowed me to contribute to these tasks. I found grading and creating titles fun. My weakness during the editing stage was making the cuts on Adobe Premiere Pro as I found it sometimes challenging to perfect the cut. 

Overall, I learnt a lot during the construction process. I had never used lights before and so it has been eye-opening to see how much the lighting improved between the first attempt (in the test shoot) and our last attempt (in the back up shoot). Furthermore, although I have edited before on Adobe Premiere Pro, I had not colour corrected to this much detail and so I now know the basics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment