Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Construction Post 8: My Personal Contributions to the Edit Sessions

The editing process is very long but working as a team has made it an easier experience. Although I did some cutting, I was not as instrumental in this process as Shayam and Amy as they really enjoyed this part of the editing process and could cut very quickly. Therefore, it made sense to take advantage of their skills.  Whoever made a cut always asked the rest of the group if it looked okay and so it required input from everyone. The practical editing I did included:

  • Organising the footage 
  • adding footage, titles and music to the timeline 
  • Cutting the above to the right time 
  • Creating the titles
  • Doing some grading
I believe that one of my main strengths lied within the research side of the editing, such as looking for music and choosing the style for our titles. Furthermore, the logo we created was based around my vision. I also think I was good at grading and I really enjoyed this.

                  
                        Here I am working on the  Mac for titles but looking at the sequence on the computer for reference
A photo of me creating the title effects on the Mac
                      
Shayam and I discussing grading 
How I graded a shot


Overall, I was really pleased with how we worked as a team. In order to finish our film, a group effort was required and so we all did a bit of everything and helped each other, which was important. I have gained confidence in editing as I am now faster in what I do and I am more familiar with the different stages. In future, If there was something I would improve in future, it would be to develop my skills in knowing whether a cut is breaking continuity because I realised that sometimes I could not tell if the cutting was accurate enough, when the others asked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment