Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Construction Post 7: My Personal Contribution to the Shoot Sessions

As Shayam was our actress, Amy and I were left to occupy the technical roles on set which included:
  • Camera and sound
  • Director and First A.D.
  • Lighting 
Ultimately, these roles were shared but Amy recognised how comfortable and well I worked on the camera and so was happy for me to do a large amount of the filming. We had a number of hand-held shots that required a steady hand and I believe this was one of my strengths. Amy filmed too but was more involved with testing the lighting and organising the shots we had to do.Amy would often adjust the lighting while I looked on the camera to see the effect.While one of us was on camera, the other controlled the clapperboard. For example, when I was operating the camera, I also had to check the sound and Amy would say "Camera?" to which I would reply "Rolling" and the same applied for sound. When I wasn't filming, I effectively took on the role of First Assistant Director, as I would use the clapperboard where I wrote the shot and take number and say "Silence on set!" before Amy started filming. We both directed Shayam and told her how she could improve an action. It was very much a team effort as all three of us would review the shots together afterwards. Below is a video of me filming Shayam pulling up her stockings on the back up shoot:


A photo of me directing Shayam, our actress
                 
                        A photo of me reviewing a shot on the camera

A photo of me using the clapperboard
Overall, I am really happy with how everyone worked in the shoot sessions and I especially liked the fact that we all had creative visions which helped improve the shots. Shayam was a very patient actress who improved as the shoot sessions went on and she was also very helpful in dressing the rooms up. Amy was very organised and excellent at preparing the shots. I think my strengths were in filming the shots and directing.I believe we all had a strong working relationship on set which was essential as there was so much to do to ensure the shots went smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment