Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Saturday 12 December 2015

Construction post 1: Photoshoots

During this week, we assigned ourselves the task of getting our promo shots done. We came up with a schedule based upon when we could book the studio and when we were all available. In the end we decided to use the 7am-12pm slot on Tuesday, the 9am-11am slot on Wednesday and the 4pm to 8pm slot on Thursday as a back up.

Preparations for the shoot
We had to organize a number of things before we could take our photos such as:

  • Book in someone to take our group photos
  • Bring in all our outfits and make-up
  • Do our hair and make-up

The hair and male-up process in particular took longer than we had anticipated!

Gift doing my hair for the fancy outfit shoot
Denim Outfit Shoot 


This shoot appeared to go well on the day as we took many shots in a variety of poses. Furthermore, when we looked back at the photos on the camera in between positions, we liked what we saw. However, after scrutinising them once they had been uploaded to the computer, we did not think enough of them were of the quality required as many were either blurry or were taken when at least one of us was not ready. Therefore, we agreed to reschedule this shoot for our back up day- Thursday. Initially, I was concerned about this because my hair would be out (in preparation for getting it done for the video shoot itself) but looking back I think that my natural hair (which can be seen below) actually enhanced my look.



We retook these shots in order to give a wider variety of 'perfect shots'

We were very pleased with our outcome the second time round as we had a bigger variety of good photos, which meant we could use them for the website as well as the album cover. I also noticed that our facial expressions look more professional this time round.

Classy Outfit

Our organisation for this shoot was not great. I had brought in my outfit which was originally a dress jumper, boots and leggings and Gift had brought in hers. However, Angela and Thakshana had asked to borrow smart dresses from a friend so Gift and I ended up looking too casual due to this. Additionally, the shoot was rushed and so we had limited time to get different positions and a decent variety. As you can see from the photo above, our positioning does not work, and this was the main position for most of the photos we took. Therefore, we also decided to reschedule this shoot for Thursday and Gift where I would bring in dresses to wear instead.

Our classy, black outfits
We were much happier with this outcome as we all looked smart, and our positioning was much better and looked more professional. I also really liked how Gift made use of my natural hair to give me a high bun. We felt like we could definitely use these photos on our social media pages or for our album cover.

Individual Outfit
Despite the fact that I could not choose between my outfits and so had to change in between taking photos, I was pleased with the outcome. I feel like I have the red sweater outfit to represent my sporty personality and the green shirt to represent my bubbly, vibrant personality. Also, the different outfits likens my photo shoot to the professional ones as many artists would wear different outfits for one photo shoot. 
Some of my individual promo shots


No comments:

Post a Comment