Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Saturday 21 November 2015

R+P Post 22: Planning My Promo Shots

Inspiration
Before we started planning our own ideas, we looked on the Internet for inspiration from outfits, setting and positioning of existing promo shots.

First row: M.O, second row: Neon Jungle and
Fifth Harmony, Third row: HAIM
M.O's promo shots are inspiring because of their positioning, setting, outfit and facial expression. Neon Jungle's pictures are useful references for facial expressions, outfits and the black background. I like the consistency of the outfits (the fact that they compliment each other) in the shot of Fifth Harmony and the orange background colour. Finally, I liked the interactions between the girls in HAIM's promo shots; it is important to demonstrate a friendship e.g. we need to be close together and have less serious ones.

Special mention - Cara Delevingne 
Cara Delevingne is one of my character's fashion inspirations, especially her street style which always looks cool and trendy.

We plan to wear three outfits, which are as follows:

Denim Outfit
We though this look would really tie in well with the 'street vibe' of our band. It can be seen as slightly old school but it's actually in fashion now. For this theme, I am going to wear an over-sized denim short sleeved shirt, cropped black jeans, a black snapback, high tops and a small necklace. I am going for a street look and I think it fits in well with what the others are wearing.

Black Classy Outfit
We also want to wear an outfit to show our sophisticated side. For this, we plan to wear black dresses and either black boots or black heels. I will wear a black dress and black boots.

Individual Outfit
I cannot decide between two outfits and so I have decided to take pictures in both. One is more sporty and consists of: a baggy red Puma jumper, runner three quarter leggings, a black snapback and white trainers. This should tie in well with the branding of our band - how we have different personalities and I'm the sporty one. My second outfit  is a patterned green and black baggy shirt,  a black vest top, black jeggings, white trainers and a grey beanie. I think this look is more sophisticated than the sporty one and more feminine and which will show a different side to my character.


Ideally we want different backgrounds to go behind us and it is likely that we will have to photoshop them in. We like the idea of having a brick wall or some kind of industrial background for the denim outfit shot. If this does not work out it is likely that we will use a plain colour instead, such as black.


No comments:

Post a Comment