Introduction

My name is Monica Aghadiuno and my candidate number is 9365. I am in Group 3 with Godgift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179). To see my work please use the following three labels on the right: 'A2 Research and Planning,' 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation.'

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Tuesday 14 July 2015

4) How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

As I have learned so much by doing this task, I will be in a better position next term to do this for myself. This project served as an extremely helpful introduction to making music videos and so I will feel more confident with making my own as would have done parts of the process before.

Pre-Production
  • Through learning more about Chris, the First AD's role on the shoot, I have understood the level of organisation and preparation that is required. I think that I will enjoy helping to come up with important documents such as the shot list and the schedule.
  • Talking about the shoot in advance was exciting and it was a chance for everyone to discuss their thoughts. Enthusiasm is perhaps even more important for my own music video, as we need this in order to come up with good ideas.
  • I have realised from the prelim that this stage is so important in order for the shoot to run smoothly. We must plan everything in advance and ensure that the schedule is followed for everything including: rehearsals/practices, costumes, call times and the shoot day. 
  • A large choice of costume is really useful and so once again we will ask each other to bring as much as we can.
Our call sheet for the shoot

Production
  • Punctuality is extremely important for the shoot day, as we will need to start as early as possible. We cannot afford to let the rest of the team down. For our shoot, everyone was on time and so we got off to a good start.
  • There are lots of different roles on set (director, DOP, hair and make up etc) which are very important in achieving the whole visual look of the video. However, I learned that helping these people out when we were free was greatly appreciated and so this is what I plan to do for my video.
    Jack, the DOP
  • When performing, the encouragement and support by the crew and my fellow classmates was incredible. I hope this positive, kind atmosphere can be taken into the shoot for the video I make. 
    My band 

Post-Production
  • Next time I will try to make it a top priority to come in to school early and stay after school late everyday for the edit week because for the prelim task, we only did this some days and so we did not get through things as quickly as we would have liked.
Overall, I have had an incredible experience which I will never forget. Below is a short time-lapse video outlining the amazing project:


                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment